1) Stay in the same three groups as those used for the “characteristics” activity.
2) Have each group member observe the classroom and teaching strategies and complete the “structured teaching observation form” independently. (20-30 min.)
3) Have each group discuss their ratings and come up with a consensus rating. (10 min.)
4) Have each group complete the “ways to structure classroom activities” worksheet, with reference to the child they observed for the “characteristics” activity. (20-30 min.)
For large group discussion:
1) Give each group a copy of the other groups’ observation ratings and discuss the similarities and differences.
2) Have all trainees discuss their answers to the “ways to structure” worksheet. Discuss possible implementation of suggestions for structure.